Decision Maker: Director of Adults, Health and Well-Being
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
We have been notified by the Violence
Reduction Unit that monies will be made available alongside the
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) Community Safety
Grant, to the value of £30k for the 2020/21 financial year.
Whilst grant monitoring will be the responsibility of the Violence
Reduction Unit, the monies will be received and processed through
Doncaster Council financial systems in the same way as the current
OPCC Community Safety Fund Grant.
A Project Proposal Application has been submitted detailing the activity below, which has been agreed by the Chair of the Safer Stronger Doncaster Partnership (SSDP).
• £5,000 – contribution towards development of a systematic action enquiry process to inform and action service development in relation to Children and Parental Alcohol Misuse. (note this is part funded by Doncaster Council’s Public Health team )
• £3,000 – towards Domestic Abuse campaigns focusing on three separate
strands – violence against young women and girls, seasonal violence
(Christmas / New Year) and Post Covid-19 recovery / support and advice.
• £10,000 – towards the salaries and associated costs of two trainers within the Domestic Abuse Navigator service to develop and deliver ‘One of a Kind’ training, working with children aged 7-11 within primary schools and focusing on healthy relationships and domestic abuse.
• £10,000 – towards the development of the dedicated Night-time Economy task and finish group/meeting, which will link to the newly formed South Yorkshire Wide Night-time economy group and work towards achieving Purple Flag status for Doncaster.
• £2,000 – linking with the Youth Parliament and working along the lines of the Knife Crime initiative they set up recently, support them in developing a campaign around young people and gangs / serious organised crime / County Lines etc.
All of the above can clearly be linked to VRU recommendations and the actions within the Doncaster Action plan.
To approve the receipt of £30k grant
funding from the Violence Reduction Unit, which will enable the
Community Safety Team to administer this fund on behalf of the
Safer Stronger Doncaster Partnership (SSDP) and Violence Reduction
Option 1 -
Option 2 -
Option 3 -
Publication date: 16/11/2020
Date of decision: 14/09/2020